Friday, July 8, 2011

Fast Food Fetish

Being a health freak, writing an article on fast food can be difficult. However before I turned into a veggie lover, fast food was my life source. Everyday I craved its deliciousness and this almost drove me crazy. Now before you start judging me for my junk obsession, let me tell you than in Dubai, fast food is the staple diet. Everywhere you go you can find them. I've been around Dubai and I found them next to malls, supermarkets, mosques, restrooms, spas and even a weight watchers inc. So in honor of our deep fried craze I wrote this article describing some of Dubai's finest fast food outlets, giving my review and recommendation. I guarantee by the end of this page you will be drooling in your seat...unless your standing :P


Burger King
It was as if I had tasted heaven the first time I ordered from burger king and since then I've been hooked. I personally recommend THE STEAK HOUSE BURGER, *Drools* which is definitely the most epic thing I have ever tasted. Imagine a mouth watering succulent patty in a crisp sesame seed bun which is just big enough to prevent the juices oozing out. To that add some of the most divine bits of caramelized bacon and melted cheese. To top it all off there's that BARBEQUE SAAAWWSSE (epic meal style) which drips slowly off the burger and you gleefully lick it up. Besides that are the divine fries which are still crunchy despite the half hour delivery time. There's also the choice of a soft drink or juice but I recommend the soft drink cause the straw they give you to drink the juice with is seriously weird. So if your in the mood for some truly divine food, check this place out

Junk Meter-★★★★
Taste Meter- ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Overall verdict- Keep it on speed dial


 KFC
Kentucky Fried Chicken has been around for years, no wonder their food taste like its been around for years to. Up until a few months ago this fast food joint was serving steroid pumped chicken meat which is seriously disgusting. To avoid unpleasant details lets just say that they stopped doing that and now are serving regular food. By regular I mean oil laden, deep fried goodness. Their Zingers are especially good and are great value for money. Beware however to not accept the offer to change your fries to spicy fries as they taste really bad after the 40 minute delivery. The spicy option for the zinger however is truly epic and I highly recommend it. The only problem is the 30 Dhs minimum take away order which means your usually ordering some of their ridiculous fattening mashed potatoes or a big cookies. Overall if you don't care how many calories your stuffing into your face, this is the place to be.

Junk Meter-★★★★★★★★
Taste Meter- ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Overall verdict- You'll be feeling like a beached whale in the morning, but who cares if it taste this good


Pizza Hut
This I believe was one of the first fast food joints I visited when I came to Dubai. A lot has changed since then but pizza hut's food is still epic. I usually been there with my family and we always order the Meal for Four. 2 pizzas, a starter, drinks and salad all for the reasonable price of 65 Dhs. It was always a challenge for me to see how much of coleslaw and potato salad I could stuff onto our salad plate without it tipping over. The pizzas are also great with the margarita being a veggie favorite thanks to the oodles of cheese dripping of a crispy crust. The unique feature of pizza hut is the number of crusts they offer. Deep dish, thin, stuffed and even something called cheese bites are all available. They also develop new pizzas every so often though these tend to be somewhat of a risk to order. My worst experience with one of these pizzas was the shawarma pizza which was an epic BOMB!!!. Still a nice place for a family or party meal. Seriously the number of parties that I've eaten pizza hut's pizzas is a never ending list.It's true I'm going to be having pizza hut tomorrow probably as well. ;)

Junk Meter-★★★★★★
Taste Meter- ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Overall verdict- Bit heavy on the cheese but I'm not complaining



Hardees
The epic value for money place. Seriously if your broke and need a junk fix then Hardees is the place to be. Their double cheese burger only cost 8 Dhs. That's like seriously low cost. The food at Hardees is also quite good. I recommend the Chili Lava burger of Chili fries for those meat lovers out there and the hand breaded chicken fillet sandwich for those who like a bit of class. Health wise though Hardees scores low with most of its food being deep friend and laden with grease and fat. Still in Dubai, Fat is now more common since who can resist that greasy goodness

Junk Meter-★★★★★★★★
Taste Meter- ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Overall verdict- That quick bite after an exam




Subway
The healthiest of the lot, Subway definitely deserves the title of Least Fattening Fast Food. The food though is not that great cause you can actually taste the healthiness in the meat (Gross). They also tend to be a bit heavy with the sauces and usually you have thousand island dressing dripping onto your lap. Still they can make customized sandwiches to your taste so that's a plus point for those who hate vegetables in your food.They also make a nice change from all the fast foods and can actually taste good if you know what to order. I personally don't have a favorite sub cause I just tell the lady to add EVERYTHING!!!.

Junk Meter-★★★
Taste Meter- ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Overall Verdict- Yeah, only once in a while


Shawarma & Idli/Dosa Joints
Everyone in U.A.E has eaten at least one of these two. You can't actually name a place cause everywhere you go you see them. They can be the most epic thing you have ever tasted, or a soggy,disgusting mess. I'm only mentioning them because they have become a staple for the broke and hungry. Now while in Dubai shawarmas aren't that popular they are greatly demand in the distant and less awesome (no offense guys) city of Sharjah. Still it's only in Sharjah where you can find the most delicious warm succulent shawarmas ever made (See the city is good for something). They're also damn cheap costing only about 4dhs nearly everywhere (This excludes real restaurants where everyone rips you off). You know when I went to London shawarmas cost nearly 5 pounds a piece (30Dhs) and I was thinking that this was a serious money making opportunity. Lets move onto the typical Indian snack of Idlis or Dosas which are savored in Dubai. These oil dripping morsels of goodness are ever so tasty to eat whatever the weather may be. These two are both  reasonably cheap costing only 7 Dhs for a plate and can found at nearly every Indian restaurant

Junk Meter-★★★★★
Taste Meter- ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Overall Verdict- You tend to get indigestion after a little while :P


Mac Donalds
I'm only including this one cause I just love one certain item of theirs. It's that DIVINE Mcflurry. At only 5 Dhs its truly a well worth desert. I mean have you ever tried it??? That creamy soft ice cream mixed with that crunchy sugar bits of Oreos or the Chocolatey flavor of the Kit-Kat. I had my first one at the Airport when I was leaving for India. Since then I've been hooked onto this mouth watering dessert. By the way my holiday to India was least enjoyable because all they have at McDonalds  in India is 'Aloo Tikki Burger' ( Pardon me while I pity India ). Besides the Mcflurry Mcdonalds also has some reasonably tasty food but that dessert is the best and it's what I recommend going for.

Junk Meter-★★★★★★★
Taste Meter- ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥  ( Only  Mc flurry )
Overall Verdict- I'm Lovin it ( Only  Mc flurry )


I hope you enjoyed todays article. Come back tomorrow for the next DAILY post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment